The Young Foundation ran GATES testing session on the 3rd April, with students of 6th grade (ages 16-17) at Wood Green School in Witney (Oxfordshire). Three of their teachers and a social entrepreneur joined with the students and observed them playing. The young people playing found the game very competitive which they enjoyed it, quite challenging to figure out the rules but had fun eventually. Some quotes from the participants:
- The most I liked is that GATES is a strategic-based game
- The decision-making bit of the game made it fun
- The strategy of how to play it was enjoyable
- I’ve learned to be decisive when choosing between different trade-offs
- I learned how to allocate the resources effectively
The observers found the game a good strategic decision making game and liked the aim was happiness and proposed a youtube video explanation including FAQs to improve it.